Posted on March 27, 2005
How many 5 year-olds could you take on at once?
Good drunken debate from a few nights ago.
The question: How many 5 year-olds could you take on
– You are in an enclosed area, roughly the size of a basketball
court. There are no foreign objects.
– You are not allowed to touch a wall.
– When you are knocked unconscious, you lose. When they
are all knocked unconscious, they lose. Once a kid is knocked
unconscious, that kid is “out.”
– I (or someone else intent on seeing to it you fail) get to choose
the kids from a pool that is twice the size of your magic number.
The pool will be 50/50 in terms of gender and will have no
discernable abnormalities in terms of demographics, other than
they are all healthy Americans.
– The kids receive one day of training from hand-to-hand combat
experts who will train them specifically to team up to take down
one adult. You will receive one hour of “counter-tactics” training.
– There is no protective padding for any combatant other than the
* The kids are motivated enough to not get scared, regardless of
the bloodshed. Even the very last one will give it his/her best to
take you down.
I set my magic number at 30, but upon reflection, I think I could
take on a few more. How many could you take on?
I think I could take on 15 or so, but I am slow and fat.
How many do you think you could take? -ritilan